Key Features of the NAD T 778:
- 9 channels of NAD’s latest Hybrid Digital Amplifier Technology
- New touch screen and improved ergonomics for user-friendly operation
- 4K UHD video pass-through
- HDMI CEC/eARC
- High-Res BluOS enabled Network Streaming
- Dirac Live Room Correction
- Full decoding of MQA content via BluOS.
- Apple AirPlay 2, ROON Ready, Tidal Connect, Spotify Connect
- MDC (Modular Design Construction) offers ability to upgrade to future digital formats as they become available. Two MDC slots provided.
- CI friendly- RS232 Serial Control Port. Trigger In/Out.
BluOS Enabled 4K Ultra HD Receiver with Immersive Sound
NAD’s reference Audio Video Receiver (AVR) is a cutting-edge powerhouse for state of the art music and home theater. Well known for our high value/ high performance reputation in the AVR category, the brand’s reference model builds on that legacy with an expansion of unwavering philosophy of real-world performance, simplicity of operation, and future upgradeability.
Fully Featured Surround
The T 778 is second-to-none in terms of flexibility and up-to-the-minute digital technology. Only NAD offers Modular Design Construction (MDC), the company’s proven method for preventing premature obsolescence. 7.1.4 Dolby® Atmos™, DTS® Master Audio combine with Dirac Live™ room correction to deliver hyper-realism that captures every dimension of a performance. Add bit-perfect 4K UHD video pass-through and the T 778 delivers the most accurate sound and image experience you’ve ever had. Musical performance is outstanding with High Res Multi-room streaming via BluOS.
Complete and Compact
As with all NAD components, the company’s latest offering continues their ‘simple is better’ design philosophy. This sensible approach contributes to ease of use and maximizes performance where it counts. A perfect example is the striking new touch screen and ergonomic refinements that simplify operation and ease of access. The T 778 features NAD’s legendary sound quality along with complete compatibility with all the latest features and formats to ensure lifelike music and movie enjoyment.
|8 Ohms||140W (21.5dBW)|
|4 Ohms||170W (22.3dBW)|
|Full Disclosure Power (all channels driven simultaneously at full bandwidth at rated distortion)||9 x 85W|
IHF Dynamic Power
|8 Ohms||165W (22.2dBW)|
|4 Ohms||280W (24.5dBW)|
|Total harmonic distortion at rated power||<0.08%|
|IM distortion at 1/3 rated power||<0.03%|
|Damping factor||>300 (20Hz-1kHz, 8 ohms)|
|Input sensitivity and impedance||1.12Vrms (ref. 8 Ohms, VOL at 0dB)|
|Frequency response||+0.3/-0.8dB (ref. 1kHz, 20Hz-20kHz)|
|Signal/noise ratio||>100dB (ref. rated power at 8 Ohms, A-Weighted)|
|Signal/noise ratio||>85dB (ref. 1W at 8 Ohms, A-Weighted)|
|Frequency response||±0.3dB (ref. 20Hz – 20kHz)|
|Signal-to-noise ratio||>100dB (ref. 2V, A-Weighted)|
|Total harmonic distortion||<0.01%|
|Input sensitivity||245mVrms (ref. 2V)|
|Maximum output level||>4.5Vrms|
|Input Sensitivity||6.2mVrms (ref. 2V)(ref. 20Hz – 20kHz)|
|Signal-to-noise ratio||>80dB (ref. 2V, A-Weighted)|
|Maximum Input Level||>90mVrms (1kHz)|
- Standby power: <0.5W (full standby) | <8W (network standby)
Dimension and Weight
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D) 435 x 140 x 430mm (Gross)*
- Net Weight: 12.1kg (26.7lb) | Shipping Weight: 15.5kg (34.2lb)
*Gross dimensions include feet, extended buttons and rear panel terminals.
**Non-metric measurements are approximate.